Sunday, May 01, 2005

Coast to Coast for Celiac May 24th Potluck

Coast to Coast for Celiac

The Norman Celiac Group is planning to do a gf potluck at Trinity Lutheran Church in Norman on May 24th. We will have her share what has happened on her trip up to this point. For more information please contact: Kate Martin at 364-5612 or email at one4life@swbell.net

Regina Erskine, from Portland, Maine is doing an awareness/fundraising campaign in the form of a coast-to-coast bicycle ride. She will start in late April in San Diego, CA and finish up in Portland, ME by the Fourth of July.

The purpose:

First is increased awareness, which includes educating the general public about celiac and encouraging anyone who may unknowingly suffer from it to get tested.

Second is fundraising, where all donations I receive will go to the university of Maryland, Center for Celiac Research.

Here are some suggestions from Regina's email:

"I welcome your suggestions as to ways that we could make this ride a success for all of us. Here are a few ideas that I have come up with:

- having your members ride with me when I bicycle through your town. Local newspapers and TV stations could be contacted for this and it could be turned into an "event."

- meeting with your group over a pot-luck dinner. I would be happy to talk to your group about my ride and share any experiences I have had.

- helping to find us a place to stay for the night, whether it be a hotel, campground, or even someone's house.

- collecting donations from your members and community to help out with the expenses of my awareness ride.

I'm very open to any other ideas you may have to help me out. Please write to me and let me know what you have in mind!"

www.c2c4celiac.info is the website for more information.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home